What kinds of questions can Lynda answer?
- Citing sources: MLA, APA, Chicago, Turabian and more; in-text citations and reference lists; how to paraphrase and cite correctly
- Finding research: using internet/google efficiently; using the catalog; finding books, articles, statistics, government info, blogs, whateves; using and choosing databases
- Evaluating sources: Should you use or source and if not why? How to evaluate sources.
- Questions to ask of your assignment/research; brainstorming topics and outlines
- Technology help: getting yout the right source of information/help; cool tools (like Prezi)
- General campus information
- and much more
This is the guide for the Warren Ashby Residential College's courses. And yes, you have a librarian just for the residential college. My name is Lynda. I will hold office hours in the residential college (in the faculty office) during the semester (typically Monday, 2-3pm and Wednesday, 3-4pm). Check back for the most current days and times!
Here are my upcoming hours:
11/25: 2-4pm in ashby faculty office
11/26: 3-5pm at the library reference desk
OUT for Thanksgiving!!!
If these times don't work with your schedule, feel free to make an appointment. You can see when I am free in the calendar below. You can also chat with me anytime I'm available using the widget to the right.
Data Services Librarian
I'm offline. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Stop by 106C Jackson Library, email me at email@example.com, or text me at 336-303-8104. Text and email are the best modes of contact. I am not often in my office.