The University Libraries supports these applications that store citations and generate in-text citations and bibliographies.
For Fall 2013, UNCG Libraries is offering workshops on EndNote Online on Sept. 9, Sept. 10, Sept. 18 and Sept. 19. While these are structured primarily for graduate students, faculty and undergraduates can also sign up. We can also create customized workshops for small groups and one-on-one assistance is also available. Email email@example.com for more information. For specific workshop times and to sign up, visit
- EndNote Online - UNCG provides access to this website (current UNCG students, faculty, and staff only - must first create an account with EndNote Web).
- EndNote X6 - UNCG provides this application on desktop computers in campus labs. The installer is available for use on desktop computers on campus through the "Run Advertised Programs" link (current UNCG students, faculty, and staff only).
- EndNote X5 and X6 - UNCG provides EndNote X5 and EndNote X6 for installation on desktop computers on the campus network using Run Advertised Programs. Also X4 and X5 are available remotely through the Virtual Computing Lab (VCL). You must be familiar with remote desktopping and patient in order to use the VCL (current UNCG students, faculty, and staff only) and in most cases, the Libraries recommend EndNote Online instead.
- EndNote X6 - is available in Jackson Library on library computers and should be in campus labs.
- Zotero - A free Firefox browser extension that users may download to their computers.
For EndNote questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or your library subject specialist.
Be Aware that...
You cannot use The Firefox extension for EndNote Web in conjunction with EndNote desktop. The extension will override the desktop and all citations will be saved to EndNote Web. you must disable or remove the extension to use EndNote desktop.
When using Zotero (Firefox), the Zotero preferences must be set to allow EndNote (Desktop) or EndNote Web to capture citations. To change the settings go to Zotero Preferences, General, Miscellaneous, and find the box titled "Use Zotero for downloaded RIS/Refer files." Checking the box will allow Zotero to capture citations using the Endnote function in databases. removing the check will allow the citations to save to EndNote. The change will require restarting Firefox.