- Consumer Health Information Online
- Drug Information
- Evidence Based Practice Resources
- ISL 101-29 Pre-Health Von Cannon
- NUR 210 Concepts in Nursing
- NUR 310 Mental Health Nursing
- NUR 360 Finding nurse-authored articles
- NUR 370 Concepts in Professional Nursing
- NUR 390 Culture and Health Care
- NUR 610 Theoretical Foundations
- NUR 620 Law Policy Econ of Health Care
- NUR 710 Philosophy and Knowledge Development in Nursing
- NUR 712 Theory Analysis
- Nursing Resources
- Surveys, Questionnaires, and Other Research Instruments
- Using Life and Health Science Databases After Graduation?
Recent Articles from AJN (American Journal of Nursing)
UNCG log in (same as UNCG email and Blackboard account) required if you're off-campus.
Here's what you'll find on these pages...
Databases - Search for articles and find info about journals
Books & E-books - Online encyclopedias, e-book collections, online theses and dissertations, etc.
Images-Online anatomy guides and other image collections.
Videos - Video collections available through UNCG and for free.
Health Statistics - Some sources for data in N.C., the U.S., and the world.
Citing Your Sources - When and how to cite, citation management applications, etc.
Tutorials - Brief library tutorials on a variety of topics.
Health Care Articles Quick Search
- Articles written for health care professionals - some from peer reviewed journals, some not
- Popular-level health articles written for the general public
This box searches for pdf or html full text using these databases: CINAHL, Health Source, PsycInfo, and PsycArticles.
To get MORE results, uncheck "full text" (sidebar).
Search for Ebscohost articles with your iPhone or Android
First, get an access key!
- Log into an Ebscohost database such as CINAHL, Academic Search Complete, etc.
- Scroll to the bottom of an Ebscohost page and click on "EBSCOhost iPhone and Android Applications" to email an authentication key to yourself.
Next, set up your device
- Download a free app from iTunes (for iPhone users) or from the Android Market
- Then, access your email message while on your device, and click the link in the email. If you don't follow the link w/in 24h of sending it to yourself, it expires. You'll have to send another email from within an Ebscohost database.
The authentication key should give you permission to use the free app to search the Ebscohost journals in our subscription for 9 months. You'll need an active Internet connection to do your searching.
Instructions from EBSCOhost on setting up and using the app.