Create Your Own EndNote Web Account
NOTE: The University Libraries currently have a one year subscription to EndNote Online and we anticipate that our current budget will not allow us to continue this subscription beyond June 2015. Our current expectation is that EndNote desktop offered in labs and on other university owned computers will continue. Citations stored in EndNote Online will no longer be available after June 30, 2015. We are developing alternatives for downloading any citations that you have stored in EndNote Online. Contact Mary Krautter at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- Create your own account at http://www.myendnoteweb.com If you need help, please email Mary Krautter (email@example.com).
- After that, you may go to http://www.myendnoteweb.com from any computer to log into your account for up to one year.
- After one year, you need to follow these steps again to renew your account.
If you are off-campus or on the UNCG Wireless network (guest wireless)
- Go to EndNote Online
- Log in using your UNCG computer account.
- This page will allow you to create an EndNote Web account. If you need help, please email Mary Krautter (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Click the EndNote link (top middle) and choose Register to create a new account.
- Once you have created your account, you can log in and use http://www.myendnoteweb.com from any computer with Internet access for up to one year.
- After one year, you need to follow these steps again to renew your account. NOTE: if your account expires and you are no longer affiliated with UNCG, you will lose your access. Back up your data frequently. Citations should transfer easily to other systems such as Zotero or the desktop version of EndNote.
Be Aware that...
You cannot use the Firefox extension for EndNote Web in conjunction with EndNote desktop. The extension will override the desktop and all citations will be saved to EndNote Web. You must disable or remove the extension to use EndNote desktop.
When using Zotero (Firefox), the Zotero preferences must be set to allow EndNote (Desktop) or EndNote Web to capture citations. To change the settings go to Zotero Preferences, General, Miscellaneous, and find the box titled "Use Zotero for downloaded RIS/Refer files." Checking the box will allow Zotero to capture citations using the Endnote function in databases. removing the check will allow the citations to save to EndNote. The change will require restarting Firefox.