- Consumer Health Information Online
- Drug Information
- Evidence Based Practice Resources
- ISL 101 Health and Life Sciences
- NUR 210 Concepts in Nursing
- NUR 310 Mental Health Nursing
- NUR 360 Finding nurse-authored articles
- NUR 370 Concepts in Professional Nursing
- NUR 390 Culture and Health Care
- NUR 610 Theoretical Foundations
- NUR 620 Law Policy Econ of Health Care
- NUR 710 Concept Exploration Resources
- NUR 712 Theory Analysis
- Nursing Resources
- Surveys, Questionnaires, and Other Research Instruments
- Using Life and Health Science Databases After Graduation?
The Ethnomed site has very nice cultural overviews designed for health care professionals. So does Dayer-Berenson's "Cultural competencies for nurses" and other transcultural nursing books. But these sources might not include the cultural group you want to study.
The book search below can lead to other introductory information, and article searches to narrowly focused sources.
Finding Non-Western and Indigenous Groups in N.C.
Books in our library and beyond
Click on the Catalog tab to search for books on topics such as:
hispanic cultural competence
Next to results, check eBook. Results should have a "View Now" link near a UNCG label. If not, click into the title of the result.
Advanced search: to limit to recent items...but this will open your search to MANY formats and items not owned by UNCG
There are many subjects that you can search: health care, medical care, transcultural medical care, delivery of health care, health attitudes, health behavior.
Search for full text articles from health databases
Searches for full text articles (scholarly, professional, or popular) from: CINAHL, Health Source, Medline, PsycInfo, and PsycArticles. Hints:
- Use AND between ideas, for instance - vietnam* and traditional medicine
- In results sidebar, uncheck "full text" if you need more results (some new results will then have a "check for full text" link)
- In results sidebar, use the slider to limit to recent articles