- Consumer Health Information Online
- Drug Information
- Evidence Based Practice Resources
- ISL 101-29 Pre-Health Von Cannon
- NUR 210 Concepts in Nursing
- NUR 310 Mental Health Nursing
- NUR 360 Finding nurse-authored articles
- NUR 370 Concepts in Professional Nursing
- NUR 390 Culture and Health Care
- NUR 610 Theoretical Foundations
- NUR 620 Law Policy Econ of Health Care
- NUR 710 Philosophy and Knowledge Development in Nursing
- NUR 712 Theory Analysis
- Nursing Resources
- Surveys, Questionnaires, and Other Research Instruments
- Using Life and Health Science Databases After Graduation?
The Ethnomed site has very nice cultural overviews designed for health care professionals. So does Dayer-Berenson's "Cultural competencies for nurses" and other transcultural nursing books. But these sources might not include the cultural group you want to study.
The book search below can lead to other introductory information, and article searches to narrowly focused sources.
Books in our library and beyond
Choose Advanced search and limit to items AT UNCG that are RECENT.
Type very general keywords related to your culture and the kind of info that you need
vietnam* and transcultural nursing
kenya* and health and cultur*
hmong and culture
hispanic and cultural competence
There are many subjects that you can search, along with the name of a cultural group or geographical location: health care, medical care, transcultural medical care, transcultural nursing, delivery of health care, health attitudes, health behavior.
You may see books, ebooks, even some articles. This system describes items at 70,000 other UNC and WorldCat Libraries (if you do not carefully limit your search).
Search for full text articles from health databases
Searches for full text articles (scholarly, professional, or popular) from: CINAHL, Health Source, Medline, PsycInfo, and PsycArticles. Hints:
- Use AND between ideas, for instance - vietnam* and traditional medicine
- In results sidebar, uncheck "full text" if you need more results (some new results will then have a "check for full text" link)
- In results sidebar, use the slider to limit to recent articles